Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Morning Walks

Juliet and I have been going for morning walks (almost every day) and I love them! It's so funny how since last week, she doesn't lay back in the stroller, she sits up and watches the cars drive by, the sprinklers watering the yards and Koda (our dog) walking next to her. It's so great to be out with her early in the morning.

It may seem silly, but now that Juliet is a little older and starting to notice things, I've begun to appreciate the little things. Flowers, the birds chirping, the sound of the train going through town, trees swaying in the wind; she is so interested in everything. :)

Last week as we were walking, I saw a dad walking/jogging with his daughter who was about 10, and it made me smile. I get so excited to think about all of the things Joel and I get to do with and teach Juliet. Such an honor. 

A funny from our walk today: There are always student drivers in our neighborhood in the morning. I smile whenever I see them stopping way to soon for a stop sign or trying to parallel park on the street. This morning though, one of them drove up on the curb as they were turning. Tee-hee. 

I sooo wish I would have had my camera with me this morning as I saw the sweetest thing. An older gentleman was walking his dog this morning. You might say, "What's so cute about that?" Well, this older gentleman was using a walker to walk and was still out taking his dog around the block. Melted my heart. <3 

I hope you all take time out of your busy lives to stop, notice and appreciate the little things in life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment