Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day of Thanks

Thanksgiving; definitely one of my favorite holidays. I really think you should find things to be thankful for all year, but I love having this one day to celebrate with family and friends and just pondering all of your blessings. I know many people going through rough things right now; loss of loved ones, divorce, illness, etc. Every one of these people, that I know, continue to have great attitudes and try to find the best in what they do have. Today is the 22nd of November, Thanksgiving day of 2012, and this is my list of 22 things I'm thankful for (since I royally ruined the whole 'thankful for one thing a day' trend) :) 

1. Jesus <>< There is no better feeling in the world than knowing that there is always someone there to talk to, to trust and to know is there for you. Everything doesn't always go perfect in life, but I always know that God has a greater purpose for me than I know, and I just need to let things go.

2. Joel: It's hard to believe that we've been together for almost 12 years. Wow! He is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without him. He is an amazing friend, husband and this year I've gotten to see him develop into an amazing father. He is such a blessing!

3. Juliet: I know everyone says it, but until you experience it, I don't think you can possibly understand what a blessing a child is to your life. Her face lights up my days and it doesn't matter how horrible something has gone for both Joel and I; when she gives you a hug or kiss or just giggles, the troubles of the day melt away.

4. My job: Some people might say, but hey! You quit your job. I did, but now I have the best job in the world. Being a mom! I'm so thankful to have a husband that supports me staying home and works hard so that we can afford it. I love being able to see Juliet all the time and see every new things she learns. *I'm also loving my Tastefully Simple job, even though it doesn't feel like a job. :)

5. Family: Both my biological family and married into family. :) Joel and I are blessed with amazing parents and siblings that we love spending time with. It's so great to have family that are also friends!

6. Our neighborhood: We have AMAZING neighbors, that are really more of friends to us than neighbors. Joel and I have already said that we're going to have a really hard time moving WAY down the road. No plans for a long time! I don't think we'll find another neighborhood like this one.

7. HomeFront: This is our church. We love it. We have made so many amazing friends over the last few years and we look forward to going to church. I never thought I would actually say that, but it's true. We LOVE our HomeFront family!

8. Home: I'm so thankful for our home. No, our house is not perfect and there are several things I would like to change, but it's perfect for us. We have enough room, but not too much to take care of, and it's ours. :)

9. Music: I seriously don't know what I would do without it! Everything from christian, country, classical, rock, hip hop...whatever it may be. I love to listen to it, dance around the house and sing along. I'm so thankful Juliet is loving it as well. I don't know what I would do if my children were not musical! :)

10. Koda: My pup. I can't believe he's going to be 8 years old right before Christmas. I get a little choked up thinking about the fact that he probably won't be with us for too many more years. He was our first child. I know he's been a bit neglected since Juliet has come around, but I love him. I love how he comes into our room in the middle of the night to snuggle and gets excited if he hears the word 'walk'. :) I hate the days he's at the groomers; it feels so strange when he's not here.

11. Sleep: Anyone who knows me, knows that I love my sleep. Thankfully, Juliet is a great sleeper!

12. TV/Movies/Books: I love getting lost in a story. It's a great way for me to unwind at the end of the day. I get really sad when I finish a good book though. I start to feel like the characters are real people and I want to know what happens with them.

13. Friends: I have some amazing friends. I love having people in my life I can count on and just be myself with!

14. Snuggles: The best is when Juliet is in a snuggly mood.

15. Crafting: Although I haven't made a lot of time for it lately, I love to do some crafting. Making cards, scrapbooking or whatever. I love to be creative!

16. Cooking/Baking: I get excited to try new recipes and surprise Joel with a delicious meal at the end of a day of work. :)

17. Warm days and Cool nights: My perfect day is cool at night to sleep with the windows open and wrapped up in a blanket, but to be able to enjoy a sunny warm day to enjoy the outdoors. :)

18. Camping: So relaxing! That is all.

19. Coffee/Keurig: I'm spoiled with my Keurig, but I love it. A freshly brewed cup of joe in the morning is fantastic!

20. A Good Workout: I'm pretty bad getting myself to workout, but when I do, I love the feeling!

21. Our Garden: It's so rewarding to grow, cook and enjoy food that you grew. Love it!

22. My iPhone: It's completely frivolous, but I love it. Yes, I would have a really hard time getting rid of it. :)

Praying you all enjoyed a blessed Thanksgiving! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment