My heart is so full of happiness this morning for some of my dear friends. For those of you who don't know, we have friends who were expecting twins this spring, but they decided to come at 24 weeks less than a week after Juliet was born. They had two beautiful boys, but one went to be with the Lord on New Year's Eve. The other has been in NICU ever since. There have been some improvements and some drawbacks, but he's been holding on.
Last night, I received a text from his mom saying that he had an awesome day! He'd had surgery to repair his little heart the day before and did so well. They moved him to a private room last night and during the transfer she was able to hold him like a "normal" baby for the first time. I was sitting at a Pampered Chef party when I got her text and started tearing up when I read this. I started thinking about how many times I get to hold Juliet during the day. The fact that they're basically the same age and this was the first time she got to hold him. I'm so thrilled for her, but also reminded that I need to cherish every second I have with my precious baby girl (not that I don't, it's just always good to have a reminder).
If all goes well, my friend will get to have skin-to-skin time with her little boy for an hour today. Praying that she gets to. Praying for continued strength for the little guy and can't wait for him to come home and be loved on all day long!
So much to be grateful for! What a blessing and such a great reminder to cherish every moment. :) I'll be praying for your friends, too! XO
ReplyDeleteKira, that is wonderful news, my heart is so happy for them. Babies are such an incredible gift!
ReplyDeleteI just got a picture of her and her son having skin-to-skin time for the first time. It makes my heart so happy. I can't wait for him to continue to get stronger and be home soon!
ReplyDelete