It has been way too long! Joel asked me the other day if I had given up on blogging. No, I haven't...I've just been a slacker.
Things have been going great for me, just feeling really busy! I'll try to catch y'all up on what's going on.
I can't believe it, but we just finished our 5th week of the school year. Time just flies! It's been a great year so far. I have some awesome students and I work with amazing people. I feel so blessed at what I do and who I get to spend my work days with.
We have a new interim pastor at our church through the end of the year, and he's awesome! I look forward to going to church on Sunday to see what I can learn and have even been inspired to read my Bible during the week. This is huge for me and something that has been missing from my life for too long. I can't wait to see what God has in store for our church and our lives.
Our families are doing fabulous! Joel's sister just moved back to town and we're really excited to have her closer, especially with Baby D. coming in a couple of months (only a couple of months?! Holy Cow!!). My brother has been rocking his youth ministry job and his wife will be starting a new job in a few weeks that she's really excited about. Joel's brother's girlfriend is coming to the end of her nursing classes and will get to have a life again. :) My sister was in a car accident last week, but is totally fine and loving her new job. I still can't believe that my mom had heart surgery 5 months ago. Looking at her, no one would ever know! She's feeling great; eating healthy, exercising and losing weight. Wow! God has blessed us in so many ways!
If you can't tell what it is, baby is facing the camera, laying on its side. You can see his/her eyes, nose, mouth and chubby cheeks. :)
Baby D. is doing awesome! Getting bigger and healthier everyday. We've had 3 ultrasounds now (thanks to my mom's work) and it makes me more excited to meet baby. I cannot wait to see if we're having a boy or girl, if they look like Joel or I and see how they grow everyday. I love feeling the baby kick all day long, though, getting me right under the ribs is not the most comfortable. :) I have my first shower next Saturday, so that's going to be super fun!
Lastly, (sorry this is so long-I guess that's what I get for not updating in a month) Joel has been amazing throughout my pregnancy! I've heard so many horror stories about husbands, and I know that I have been blessed with an amazing one. Not only is he an awesome husband, but I know he's going to be an amazing dad! He never even though twice about coming along with me to a class on breast feeding and our birthing class we had a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to have him with me when the baby is born. I know he's going to be awesome at helping me get through labor and I cannot wait to see the look on his face when he meets baby for the first time. Such an amazing time in our lives!

Dang Kira you made me tear! You are going to be such a wonderful mom and Joel a super dad. Looking forward to meeting your blessing!
ReplyDelete