Monday, June 20, 2011

Recap

Joel and I were able to enjoy a wonderfully relaxing weekend camping at Holland State Park this past weekend. The forecast didn't look too promising, but it turned out to be a beautiful weekend. It was wonderful to get away for 3 full days with my love and enjoy spending time together without the tv, computer and chores. :)

We got to the campground Thursday late afternoon and got camp set up. I took a nap of course. :) We spent the evening relaxing by the fire and roasting hot dogs for dinner. There's nothing better than a hot dog cooked over the fire!

We both slept in Friday (and I took 2 naps). Love it! We went to the beach for the afternoon and it was gorgeous! Not too hot, but not too cold either. It was nice just relaxing in the sun and reading a book. :) Friday night we had hobo pies over the fire; another camping must, and walked down to get some ice cream before chilling by the fire for the evening.

Saturday morning, we headed into town to meet Joel's sister and my brother and sister-in-law for a delicious breakfast! I even had coffee and eggs! This is a big deal since my appetite has been really picky for the past several weeks. After breakfast we walked down to the farmer's market and bought some yummy strawberries to enjoy on the beach. We headed back to the campground where my sister and brother-in-law joined us as we headed to the beach for the afternoon again. Much hotter this day, but the water was only in the 50's, so I didn't brave it (though Joel and my sister did); crazy! Joel and I decided to head into town for dinner at one of our favorite places; New Holland Brewery. Yum! ...and a trip to Holland would not be complete without a Tommy Turtle sundae, so we had to stop and get one on the way back to the campground. :)

We relaxed Sunday morning and took Koda for a really long walk before packing up camp and coming home. What a great weekend. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband! Love you Joel!

2 comments:

  1. So glad your appetite is coming back! :)

    Sounds like a fun weekend with your sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend!! Love that you HAD to stop for a turtle sundae :)

    ReplyDelete