Today I'm thankful for people who enjoy being at church. :)
Joel and I are in the process of finding a church home. We've gone a few places over the last several months, but nowhere that made us feel excited or extremely welcome. It's been really easy lately to chill on Sunday morning especially since Joel has been working a lot of Saturdays. We decided we needed to go somewhere this week, so I found a church through some internet research that looked interesting, and we made plans to try it out. We were tempted once we got up today to just stay in our pj's again, but we pushed through and headed to their second service.
We were very warmly greeted as soon as we entered the church. The service was great! Excellent choices of songs and we both enjoyed the Pastor and what he had to teach about today. We even chatted for quite a while with another couple who were new as well. We didn't feel any awkward first visit feelings. We felt very welcome and comfortable. On our way home, I asked Joel what he thought and he liked it a lot. We've decided to go again next week.
Our main reason for wanting to return, which Joel said in the car, "It's nice to be in a church where you can tell people are excited to be there."
I couldn't have said it better myself. :)
That's great! I totally know what you're saying about how easy it is to just stay home and hang out in pjs on Sunday mornings...but when we do go to church I'm always so glad we went!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great church! We would love to try it out with you. Love the blog idea too! :)
ReplyDeleteAshley-We'd love to have you come on Sunday. We're going to the 10:45 service. :)
ReplyDelete