Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Having your mom go through a very serious surgery, makes you even more thankful for her on Mother's Day! Joel and I enjoyed a beautiful day with our moms. We started out with brunch at a local golf club with his Mom. The food and company was great. :)

The ladies. :)

...and a pic of my honey and I. :)


I got to take a nice nap at home before heading up to the hospital to visit mom. She's doing so great! We were originally told that Tuesday would be the earliest she could come home, but she's doing so great, there's a chance she could come home tomorrow!! She struggling right now with holding onto a lot of the fluid they pumped her full of, so as long as that goes down, she's home free! All of us kids had bought her a new mother's ring at Christmas which was pretty pricey, but decided we couldn't get away with getting her nothing this Mother's Day, so we surprised her with a simple silver heart necklace symbolizing her life-changing surgery and how much we love her. :) She really liked it. 


Can you believe she had open heart surgery 3 days ago?! She looks awesome!

Happy Mother's Day! Give your moms an extra big squeeze today!

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on all your Blog...made me cry a bit to read everything about my surgery...but am SO incredibly blessed and thankful for all the love you kids & Dad showed...your patience and support...all the prayers from friends and people I didn't even know. God is good and I have so much to be "Glad" about!!! Love you so much honey and here's to 54 more years of fun with you all!!! :) Mom

    ReplyDelete